The Kinexus DSR-III from NETZSCH Analyzing & Testing is an entry-level rheometer for tasks in quality assurance with a unique concept for parameterization, implementation and evaluation of rheological measurements.
The following standard measurements include possible with the Kinexus DSR-III:
- Temperature sweep (T-sweep)
- Multiple Stress Creep and Recovery Test (MSCRT)
- Rapid bitumen typing procedure (BTSV)
- Phase transition temperature of viscosity-modified binders (constant shear rate)
The results can be exported to other spreadsheet programs as a csv file. There is also an import function for existing measurement data.
The Bundle comprising
- Kinexus DSR-III 20N Asphalt with plate environmental controller with active hood (-5…150°C), heat exchanger, upper plate Ø25mm (AASHTO T315-12), lower plate pedestal Ø25mm, high temp std Canon oil and DSR silicone rubber mold set
- 20-44405 – Kinexus DSR-III rheometer platform 20N NF Asphalt Rheometer system to meet requirements for Quality Control testing. A modular rheometer with true ‘plug and play’ functionality for all measuring systems and environmental control units. Combined with rSpace software, Kinexus enables pioneering Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) driven rheological testing. The Kinexus rheometer also has advanced dual-action capabilities for both shear and vertical (or axial) testing. DSR rSpace software configured to AASHTO requirements.
- 20-44402E – Kinexus plate environmental controller with active hood for temperature control. Designed for optimized thermal control and minimal sample thermal gradients. Inlet for inert gas feed into sample environment. For use with plate, and cone and plate measurement geometries over the temperature range -5 to 150°C. Note that for operation at temperatures below -5°C, a refrigerated circulator is required. Includes ‘Interchangeable solvent trap plate lower pedestal 61mm’. Plug and play functionality – designed around a quick-connect cartridge; all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made instantly; auto-recognition and configuration. Kinexus active hood plate cartridge incorporates interchangeable lower plates to optimize measurement set-up for different sample types using a quick-connect engagement and release mechanism.
- 20-44403 – Kinexus heat exchanger. Designed specifically to work with plate and cylinder cartridges for maximum thermal efficiency and direct control via the instrument. Includes 2 x 700 ml bottles of Coolant fluid 20-44403E10 and heat expansion vessel
- 20-4452 – Plate upper geometry 25mm diameter, Stainless steel (316 Grade) upper geometry designed as part of the Kinexus rheometer system for optimized compliance, inertia and thermal properties. Quick-connect engagement mechanism and auto-recognition and configuration. Design meets US AASHTO T315-12 specification for Asphalt Binder testing
- 20-4453 – Interchangeable plate lower pedestal 25mm diameter Lower stainless steel (316 Grade) measurement geometry for Kinexus plate cartridges. Designed for optimized thermal properties and mechanical alignment. Quick-connect engagement and release mechanism. Does not include solvent trap cover location ring. Design meets US AASHTO T315-12 specification for Asphalt Binder testing
- 20-44408 – High temperature standard Canon oil 50ml Standard material for verification of rheometer measurements.
- 20-44462 – DSR Silicone Rubber Mold Set Includes 1 x 25mm and 1 x 8mm sample mold
- Torque viscometry: 100nNm to 150mNm
- Torque oscillation: 100nNm to 150mNmTorque resolution: 0.1 nNm
- Angular speed 10 nrad/s to 200 rad/sMoment of inertia drive unit: 1.3e-5 kgm²
- Deformation jump: <10 ms
- Angular resolution <10 nrad
- Oscillation frequency 1μHz to 100 Hz
- Normal force range 0.01 N to 20 N
- Normal force response time <10 ms
- Vertical lift speed 0.1μm/s to 20mm/s
- Gap resolution 0.1μm
- Maximum data rate 5kHz
- Scope of delivery including air filter and manometer.